Get ZipBlok to Coach!
Photo by TJ Chase Playoffs Vancouver 2016
Get to Know Zip!
ZipBlok is a blocker for Philly Roller Derby who is known to take the Jammer or Pivot Panty every once in a while. With the nickname "Bulldozer" even at only 175lbs, she has found ways to take down some of the biggest, strongest, and best in our Roller Derby world today. Shortly after completing fresh meat in DC in 2013, she moved to Philly where, outside of an ACL injury in 2015, has been an active skater on the charter and in the league ever since.
151 Threads Snot Rocket Science & ZipBlok Clinic Dec 2016
As a blocker she specializes in taking jammer space and shutting down lines. As a jammer, she embodies a blocker mentality, combining lateral agility, jumping, and strength to make for unexpected jamming techniques that often trip up defensive lines.
She is a gym rat who believes in power and skill happening just as much off the track as on and as an MSW, understands the value of strong emotional and mental strength needed on the track to compete with the top athletes of this sport today. She is also pretty freaking silly, loves derby about as much as her dog, and just wants everyone to have the same opportunities to grow in this sport as anyone else.
Dec 2016 Roanoke Valley Derby Practice
Coaching Expertise and Specialties:
- Building Offensive and Defensive Team Strategy
- Taking Jammer Space and Effective Tracking as a Blocker
- Jamming Like a Blocker
- Developing a Strong Mental Game
- Developing Derby Specific Cross Training Plans (In Gym/On Track/Off Track)
- Developing Practice Plans, Drills, and Overall Coaching Consulting
- Developing Fresh Meat Programing
- League Strategy Development/Consultations
- Coaching Clinics
- Coaching 1:1 or Small groups
- Cross Training Strategies and Plans